- With CT as office manager and grant writer since 2012.
- Credentials: MS Environmental Studies, San Jose State University; BA Psychology & Sociology, University of California, Santa Barbara; Certificate in Business Management, Cal State Hayward; more than 25 years of experience in the environmental and engineering fields; directed a nonprofit community center in rural Northern California.
- Favorite skills: edible & medicinal plants, bird language
- Outside interests: music performance, recording, and teaching, sound healing, herbology, gardening, genealogy, studying the nature of consciousness
- What CT has done for you? -- "CT has provided a tribe of amazing spirits who walk the talk of serving with humility and who empower me to raise my awareness level and serve a purpose beyond self."
- Hometown: Arcadia, CA
- Favorite animal: Owl
- With CT since 2005 as student & intern; present day Lead Instructor.
- Credentials: The Art of Tracking, Track & Sign III certification through CyberTracker (2015); Graduate of the 2011-2012 CTSN Caretaker Program.
- Outside Interests: Classical violin and martial arts
- Favorite Skill: Tracking
- "What has CT done for you?": Coyote Trails has given me the opportunity to discover who I am and who I truly want to become.
- Hometown: Boulder, CO
- Favorite animal: Peregrine falcon
Program Coordinator, Instructor
- With CT since 2009; Instructor since 2011; Program Coordinator since 2014.
- Credentials: The Art of Tracking, Track & Sign I certification through CyberTracker (2015); BS in Biology (Denison University, 2010); Graduate of the 2011-2012 CTSN Caretaker Program; Assistant Director at Camp Fire Kids Day Camp (Ohio) in 2008; Coordinator & Instructor at Camp Wyandot (Ohio) in '06, '07, '09, '10; Americorps City Heroes (Ohio) Leader, 2007; Outdoor Educator since 2004.
- Outside Interests: song-writing, music, exploration, water immersion
- Favorite skills: tracking (internal & external), mapping, movement
- "What has CT done for you?": CT has encouraged me to continue my education based on my interests, allowing me to lean into uncomfortable areas of my life and to learn from walking along that edge. CT has held space for me to gain an understanding of a larger Vision & purpose beyond self.
- Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
- Favorite Animal: the mountain banshees of Pandora
CTNC Assistant manager, INSTRUCTOR
- With CT since 2010, instructor since 2011, Assistant Manager of Coyote Trails Nature Center since 2015.
- Credentials: Associate of Arts degree (Columbus State Community College, 2010); Youth leader and Instructor at Camp Wyandot (Ohio, 2011); Graduate of the 2011-2012 CTSN Caretaker Program; Certified Personal Trainer since 2014; Preparing for Pacific Crest Trail through-hike in 2016.
- Favorite Skills: making fire, shelter, knapping, stealth
- Outside Interests: health, fitness, outdoor adventure, writing, biking, climbing, hiking, yoga, coffee, and not necessarily in that order...
- "What has CT done for you?": CT has helped to bring interests to my attention that I would otherwise likely never have discovered. It's also helped to redirect my personal focus in life, by bringing me closer to what I am really passionate about, and to what is truly important.
- Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
- Favorite Animal: Otter
- Instructor with CT since 2006
- Mentored and influenced by Tom Brown, Jon Young, Gilbert Walking Bull, Eddie Starnater, Stalking Wolf, Coyote Thunder and many more in the skills of living with the Earth and the path of Oneness.
- Favorite Skills: missionless surrender, sit area, listening, patience, feeling the joy of the moment, flintknapping, making arrows
- Outside Interests: Enjoy quality wandering time in the woods, listening to the birds, swimming, exercising, and yoga
- Hometown: Horsham, PA
- Favorite Animal: homo sapiens; the cute members of the Salticidae family
"An empathetic nautralist at heart, the perfection of nature inspires me to share ways to improve the quality of life of all beings. Nature is a superior doorway to understanding life and oneself. Life is short – seek that which is truly meaningful."
- With CT since 2010; started as a student and volunteer; instructor since 2014.
- Credentials: BS in Psychology (Southern Oregon State College, 1996). Worked in the social service and teaching fields for more than 20 years. Her main focus has been at-risk or high-risk youth. Experienced at motivation, team building, group and individual dynamics, conflict resolution skills, and crisis intervention.
- Outside interests: wandering and wondering; outdoor adventure; plants as medicine; writing/storytelling.
- Favorite skills: plants; energetic tracking; shelter; all of it!
- "What has CT done for you?": Reminded me of my passion and purpose.
- Hometown: Hmmm…don’t have one…grew up in Tokyo, Japan…as close as I get to a home town…
- Favorite animal: Bear (and dog)
- With CT since 2005 as student, intern, and now present day Instructor.
- Credentials: Graduate of 2014-2015 Caretaker program. Graduated High-School in 2012. Assistant Guide for REI Adventure Trips. Has completed 5 of the advanced, weeklong CT classes. Currently involved in: teaching the Outdoor Adventure Programs, starting the Coyote Pups Outdoor Preschool, and managing grounds work at Coyote Trails Nature Center.
- Outside interests: Hands-on activities, working with kids, climbing, hiking, camping, and knitting by the fire place!
- Favorite skill: Fire by Friction
- Hometown: Truckee, CA
- What has Coyote Trails done for you? Coyote Trails has given me wonderful experiences and knowledge It has also taught me how to pass that along to students. It has also taught me a lot about myself and what I strive to become. (Feel free to write something else)
- Favorite animal: Fruit bat, (or flamingo... or wolf...)
- With CT since 2009; Instructor since 2013
- Credentials: Graduate of the 2014-2015 Caretaker Program; Portland Community College (current)
- Outside Interests: natural horsemanship, terrarium crafting, animal care-taking, paper cutting art
- Favorite Skills: flintknapping, meditation, movement, making stone effigies
- “What has CT done for you?”: CT has shown me there is another way to live on this Earth. They have inspired passion in me to continue to strengthen my connection with nature and mentor others to find their own connection. They have guided me back to my heart and inspired me to serve a grander Vision.
- Hometown: Portland, Oregon
- Favorite Animal: Whale
- With CT since 2005, Instructor since 2008
- Credentials: The Art of Tracking, Track & Sign III certification through CyberTracker (2015), BS in Wildlife Biology (Northern Arizona University, 2011). Graduate of CTSN Residential Apprenticeship Program 2008.
- Outside Interests: Eastern and Western martial arts, travel, adventures of all kinds
- Favorite Skills: Tracking! … Fire by friction, wandering, stealth and movement…
- "What has CT done for you?" -- "Coyote Trails has helped me to see the world through new eyes, and has shown me that everyone, and everything, can be my teacher- including myself. It is both empowering and humbling to stare at seemingly bare ground and have a track suddenly appear before your eyes, or to have a child teach you an aspect of friction fire you never before realized. Nature itself is a powerful teacher; we simply must learn to how to listen. Coyote Trails has also provided a fantastic community that has helped me to overcome many struggles in my life, turning them into opportunities for learning and growth."
- Hometown: Long Beach, Washington
- Favorite Animals: Gray fox and platypus.
Public Information Specialist /
- With CT since 2014
- Credentials: BA in Journalism, Metropolitan State University, Denver
- Outside Interests: singing, dancing, hula hooping, kayaking, traveling, beach combing, martial arts (has a brown belt in Shotokan karate but now does Tai Chi)
- Favorite skills: hasn’t decided yet!
- What has CT done for you?: "CT has given me more confidence in outdoor situations and has challenged me in many different ways. I am happy to have found CT because its vision of understanding the inner relationship of all things is fundamental to my personal beliefs and long-term goals for leading a spiritual life. Learning primitive skills builds my confidence, helps me stay connected to the earth, and is a perfect excuse for being outdoors."
- Hometown: Miami, Florida
- Favorite Animal: Wolf (but loves learning about all animals)
- With CT since 2004 as student, intern, instructor-in-training, and now present day Instructor.
- Credentials: Certification in CPR & Wilderness First Aid (NOLS/Wilderness Medicine Institute); Outdoor Educator since 2014.
- Outside Interests: naturalist studies, alternative medicine, community
- Favorite Skills: sit area, fire by friction, self-care, awareness
- “What has CT done for you?”: CT gave me skills and tools to create a healthy lifestyle for myself.
- Hometown: Overland Park, Kansas
- Favorite Animal: Northern Spotted Owl