The Caretaker program is a multi-season wilderness immersion program in which participants experience first-hand what it means to live primitively over the course of the year. From building long-term shelters to tracking and crafting tools for hunting and snow travel, from learning to the landscape and mapping to harvesting one's own food and medicine, this program facilitates how to survive & thrive, as well as adopting the mentality of the caretaker; to inherently become stewards of the earth, community, and self. The Caretaker program is conducted for small groups in order to enhance the one-on-one mentoring.
Ages: 18+ (or 16+ if you have interned with us).
Dates: Oct 1st, 2015 through June 12, 2016 (with scheduled breaks listed below). Participants must commit to entire program.
Cost: $155-795/month* (sliding scale depending on your ability to pay). Certain healthy food staples will be provided. *Deposit of $450 required.
Location: Coyote Trails Wilderness Campus outside of Ashland, OR.
- September 2015 is free; you would go home & be on break for a month.
- Return to camp Oct 1, 2015 until Dec 11, 2015.
- Winter break from Dec 11, 2015 - Jan 11, 2016.
- Resume in camp Jan 11, 2016 until March 14, 2016.
- Spring break from March 14, 2016 - April 1, 2016.
- Return April 1, 2016 until program concludes with a "Solo Rite of Passage Quest," ending on June 12, 2016 (with an option to remain and teach for a portion of summer 2016).
Suggested gear list will be provided upon acceptance into the program.